A few words about course co-ordinator
Youth worker for generations, Pasquale tried to escape this world enrolling into STEM studies, where he got a degree in Computer Science. But the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and he found himself involved in local and international projects, aiming to change – a bit - the education system. Trainer and educator, Pasquale has a wide experience in supporting teachers and students inside and outside the school environment. He is specialized in ICT tools for learning, inclusion of people with fewer opportunities and learning in multicultural environments. With the help of many friends, in 2010 he founded Eufemia association, where he currently works from Turin, writing stories and building community projects.
Think global, act local
The fast changes happening in our globalized world affect the human community in its whole complexity. At the same time, the society models its members stressing on each individual, isolated as never before. Recalling the definition of the famous sociologist Zygmunt Bauman, we require a new approach to adapt and to (sur)vive in the liquid society, no more able to offer us stability, safety and security.
What is the role of the school and local education agencies? Are they powerless in global terms? What is important to teach today? What if the jobs and professions of the next decades are not existing yet? Why should be worry about our actions? To what extent they affect people from the other side of the world? And the next generations?
This training course provides elements for deep reflection and experiences of teachers, educators and communities, trying to answer to the questions above.
Key competences acquired by participants
1. To understand the concept of sustainability (5 pillars model); 2. To reflect about the global society; 3. To encourage critical thinking and questioning as tools; 4. To enhance empathy; 5. To get inspired by other people’s experiences; 6. To activate energies for actions at the local level.
When is the next Course and how do I apply?
- Target groups: Teachers from primary to high school. Contents and activities change accordingly.
- Dates in 2021: 19-25 September.
- Fee: 490€ Learn more about the costs
- Location: Krakow, Poland.
- Social programme: The social programme activities are included within your course fees!