A few words about course co-ordinator
Stefan Hulicki has graduated from international relations at the University of Economics in Kraków, with part of the education obtained at the University of Luton (UK). He is the founder and President of the Regional Initiatives Association (sir.edu.pl), and in the past 15 years has co-ordinated and supervised over a few dozen youth and youth related mobilities – trainings, seminars, youth exchanges. Since 2014 he is working with Erasmus+ in NGO sector, previously also as project manager in education, finance and IT industries.
Organising a successful school exchange
Nowadays, one cannot consider school as only a place of delivering stationary classes. Globalisation, new technologies, migrations, changing societies – all this requires new solutions in education. For sure one of them are international students’ mobilities. These are understood as inter-school exchanges as well as other youth mobilities where pupils are participants and teachers are supervisors, group leaders or even project managers. More ambitious approach can even lead to organising exchange with schools from out of the EU and Europe itself. This training provides the knowledge on all aspects of above initiaties. In each of them the crucial role is this of the teacher or other school staff person, who takes the duties of a project manager.
The programme takes participants on a journey across the whole project lifecycle, from understanding project idea, forming partnerships, application process, implementation to project closure. It also touches all complimentary issues, such as human resources management, use of social media, financial best practices, etc. The last day is dedicated to practical training of acquired skills and competences in the form of a simulation game, where participants will develop project ideas, partnerships and implement those with other foreign teachers – potential partners of future exchanges. Gathering people from various EU countries will provide a strong international dimension.
Key competences acquired by participants
As an effect of this training participants will strongly increase a lot of competences such as:
- how to develop and sustain good partnerships
- how to effectively co-operate and communicate internationally
- how to ensure top quality in project management in each project phase
- how write successful project proposals
- how to present yourself and your work in a professional manner
- new methods of inspiring youth work
- how to evaluate projects
- knowledge of details and possibilities of Erasmus+ programme
- best practices in other countries, other NGOs
- understanding, tolerance and noticing benefits of diversity
- openness, curiosity, understanding the need for networking
- increased motivation for future work
When is the next Course and how do I apply?
- Target groups: Secondary school teachers, school youth workers, school administration staff.
- Dates in 2021: On demand, for groups only.
- Fee: 490€ Learn more about the costs
- Location: Krakow, Poland.
- Social programme: The social programme activities are included within your course fees!