Course objectives and programmatic details:
Italian language for teachers –
“How to talk and teach about Europe”
This is a specifically designed course for teachers of all subjects as well as Italian language teachers who want to improve their own Italian language skills and upgrade their lessons by implementing new pedagogical ideas, learning methods and knowledge in the field of European studies.
This course aims to give participants a basic knowledge of reading, listening, spoken and written skills in a dynamic and communicative way, through individual, pair and group work. There will also be a lecture and possibility to converse with the expert. The unique element of this training course are the activities carried outdoors in Kraków – UNESCO heritage site. While sightseeing with a professional tour guide participants will have the opportunity to learn about European heritage, our culture roots, history, unknown facts, architecture, migrations and many others. During reflection sessions there will be time to exchange opinion and develop own point of view and teaching ideas. Thanks to this training participants will both increase their Italian language skills and learn how to talk and teach about Europe in a more professional way.
Key competences acquired by participants
As the result of this course participants will:
- Improve writing, pronunciation and reading skills in Italian
- Develop inter-cultural communication skills
- Be able to attend international conferences, events as well as school and business meetings where Italian is the working language
- Increase the knowledge about European heritage and culture and gain the ability to talk and teach about these issues in Italian
- Learn how to implement European dimension in their lessons
- Get tips on how to update your own lessons – reflection talks
- Implement creative learning tools and update your pedagogical approach
- Use new tools for exams, listening comprehension, and vocabulary tests
- Activate your learners by using different learning games and outdoor activities
This course is designed to be very flexible and can be adapted to suit the specific needs of the participants. This course is ideal (but not limited to) for teachers/educators who have an Elementary (A2), Pre-intermediate (A2/B1) or an intermediate (B1) language levels, according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
When is the next Course and how do I apply?
Target groups: Teachers, educators, youth workers, trainers, coaches, therapists, HR managers: any professional who works with other people as a teacher, guide, mentor, leader or counsellor.
Primary and secondary school teachers of all subject, Italian language teachers, school youth workers, school administration staff, academicians.
Dates in 2022:
On request only for groups.
The social programme activities are included within your course fees!
NEED MORE INFORMATIONS?
A few words about course co-ordinator
Anna Grogulska-Nowak – Italian language teacher. Graduate of Italian philology at the Jagiellonian University in Krakow. She also completed post-graduate studies in Public Relations at the Jagiellonian University. She has been working as Italian language teacher at the Music Academy in Kraków since 1998. She is also a licensed translator and experienced tour guide in Kraków. She is supervising all language courses at the European Teachers Academy.