Course objectives and programmatic details:
Storytelling for Learning
Stories shape our realities and define our identities and our lives. We all are collections of stories. Those who master the art and craft of storytelling have a great advantage in communication, and are more effective in their work, craft and probably everyday life.
In this course we will explore different aspects of storytelling, from the traditional – oral – ones, to more contemporary and technology based such as cinema, comics and videogames. We will explore the development of myth, the “stories that always are, but never happened” (Sallustius), how deeply rooted they are in the collective unconscious (Jung), and what are the links with popular formats like fairy tales or contemporary comics or hit movies.
We will cover topics like story structures, what makes the “bones” of a successful story, and how to engage our audiences regardless of the medium used. The course will encourage participants to tap into their potential as narrators and story creators, to gain the necessary skills and tools to be more effective communicators, and to become more aware of the immense power stories have in education, personal and professional life.
Key competences acquired by participants
Here are the main objectives of the training:
- to learn about principles and models of storytelling
- to experience different story formats, from oral narration to written stories, to cinema, comics and videogames – comparing their characteristics, their intended target groups and their main aspects
- to get experience in story creation, writing and drafting in a personal and group process
- to gain experience in public speaking and the effective use of voice, body and other environmental factors
- to reflect upon the deep impact of storytelling, its possible applications on fields such as learning, personal development, entertainment and therapy/healing
When is the next Course and how do I apply?
Teachers, educators, youth workers, trainers, coaches, therapists, HR managers: any professional who works with other people as a teacher, guide, mentor, leader or counsellor.
Dates in 2023:
The social programme activities are included within your course fees!
NEED MORE INFORMATIONS?
A few words about course co-ordinator
Youth worker for generations, Pasquale tried to escape this world enrolling into STEM studies, where he got a degree in Computer Science. But the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree and he found himself involved in local and international projects, aiming to change – a bit – the education system. Trainer and educator, Pasquale has a wide experience in supporting teachers and students inside and outside the school environment. He is specialized in ICT tools for learning, inclusion of people with fewer opportunities and learning in multicultural environments. With the help of many friends, in 2010 he founded Eufemia association, where he currently works from Turin, writing stories and building community projects.